PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Revit Regenerates whe placing Walls and Room Separations

oskyaqui
2014-03-18, 01:07 PM
We have this model in Revit 2014, only on Level 1 views every time you draw a wall or a room separation Revit regenerates (you can see the regen bar going from 1 to 100%) and takes 15 to 20 seconds to do the operation, same when you delete any of these instances, it is like Revit is calculating something but it takes lot of you time, it is OK when you place any other components like doors or windows.

I have done some testing deleting all rooms and room separations from this level, but still does it.

I noticed on the Level Properties the Computation Height for Level 1 was 0, for the rest of the Levels is 914.4 (please see images attached), I revised the Level 1 to match the others but did not help.

I am also going thru the warnings.

I would appreciate if you have any suggestions, thanks a lot,

Oscar

dhurtubise
2014-03-18, 01:40 PM
You can try to turn off the volume computation under Architecture - Room & Area - Area and Volume Computation.
How many warnings you got? And what are they?

oskyaqui
2014-03-18, 02:07 PM
I had already checked the Volume computation, there is no option to turn this on or off, you have the choices of "Areas only (faster)" or "Areas and Volumes", I have it on Areas only...

I have around 700 warnings, here are the warning descriptions:

1 Room Tag is outside of its Room. Enable Leader or move Room Tag within its Room.
2 Multiple Areas are in the same enclosed region. The correct area and perimeter will be assigned to one Area and the others will display "Redundant Area." You should separate the regions, delete the extra Areas, or move them into different regions.
3 Highlighted inserts overlap with other inserts or completely miss their hosts.
4 Design Option ' Main Model ' cannot reference Design Option ' Dept-4 : Option 2 '.
5 Area separation line is slightly off axis and may cause inaccuracies.
6 Wall is slightly off axis and may cause inaccuracies.
7 Two elements were not automatically joined because one or both is not editable.
8 Highlighted room separation lines overlap. One of them may be ignored when Revit finds room boundaries. Delete one of the lines.
9 Highlighted lines overlap. Lines may not form closed loops.
10 There are identical instances in the same place. This will result in double counting in schedules.
11 A wall and a room separation line overlap. One of them may be ignored when Revit finds room boundaries. Shorten or delete the room separation line to remove the overlap.
12 A wall and a room separation line overlap. One of them may be ignored when Revit finds room boundaries. Shorten or delete the room separation line to remove the overlap. You can tab-select one of the overlapping elements to exclude it from the group instance.
13 Highlighted walls overlap. One of them may be ignored when Revit finds room boundaries. Use Cut Geometry to embed one wall within the other or tab-select one of the grouped overlapping walls and exclude it from the group instance.
14 Highlighted walls overlap. One of them may be ignored when Revit finds room boundaries. Use Cut Geometry to embed one wall within the other.
15 Insert conflicts with joined Wall.
16 Elements have duplicate 'Mark' values.
17 Elements have duplicate 'Number' values.
18 Area is not in a properly enclosed region.
19 Room is not in a properly enclosed region.

Thanks a lot,

dhurtubise
2014-03-18, 02:11 PM
OK, lots of warnings related to areas. Every time you do something Revit tries to fix them. Keep on fixing those warnings and you should start seeing an improvements. Unless your floor plate is 100 000 m2 ;)

oskyaqui
2014-03-18, 02:59 PM
Hello,

What do you mean unless the floor plate is less than 100 000 m2? My floor plate is around 160 000 m2...,

I made a copy of the model and deleted all the Areas and Area boundaries but it did not improved..., I'll keep going fixing the warnings,

Thanks a lot

dhurtubise
2014-03-19, 08:13 AM
If the area of a level is 160 000m2 you REALLY wanna keep that file clean trust me :)