PDA

View Full Version : Files with extension *.000

UK CADMAN
2005-03-02, 11:18 AM
I have been emailed a file that i have been informed is from a CAD package, which one though is unknown!

The file extension is *.000.

I have used our viewing software to open it & the only one that does open it of sorts is AM View by Cyco.

All i get is a rectangle with a string of text on the base line that possibly indicates that it used to be a file with a *.dgn extension. Is this Microstation? & is the *.000 file a file similar to a plt file?

If so how do i plot it out?

Thanks

Mike.Perry
2005-03-02, 11:39 AM
Hi Gary

Please note I've *moved* this thread from the ACAD 2005 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58) Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Mike.Perry
2005-03-02, 11:46 AM
Hi

Is it possible that the file extension been automatically amened by some over zealous E-mail Filtering / Virus software (at your end or at the senders end)?

Can you E-mail the person who sent the file and ask them if the file extension "000" is correct?

It might be a simple case that you need to rename the extension type.

Yes, DGN is the standard Microstation drawing file extension.

Have a good one, Mike

UK CADMAN
2005-03-02, 12:04 PM
Thanks Mike

I have since found out that the *.000 file is Microstations equivalent of *.plt & is in HPGL2 format.

I have read the forums for help on plotting this antiquated file type & our IT department are working on a cure for us non-techi boys.

Rick.B
2005-03-02, 06:06 PM
You can plot this by copying it straight to the plotter. Open a DOS prompt, change to the directory the .000 file is stored and type COPY *.000 (what ever your plotter name is). The plotter name needs to contain the server if you are using a network server, an example is \\server\printer

A windows solution is to create a batch file with the following code copy /b %1 (the plotter name). Again you need to include the server if you are on a network. You then simply double click the icon from an Explorer window, select the program from a list option and browse to your batch file.

UK CADMAN
2005-03-03, 09:33 AM
Thanks Rick

again i have passed your comments to our IT team.