PDA

View Full Version : 2014 A serious error has occurred-can't open the recovery file

sodiq.abdulsalam599422
2014-03-21, 11:23 AM
while working i had a crash prompting a serious error has occurred that i should save my work in a new file before continuing and i did but i can't open the file and the recovery file cos it keeps prompting the same error.i tried using the audit box it didn't work.

any suggestion on how to recover my project?

damon.sidel
2014-03-21, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry that your first post is to try to troubleshoot a fatal error.

Does the project have any linked Revit files? We've encountered similar errors but the problem is actually in the linked file. You may be able to open the linked file(s), correct the problem, then try opening the main model again.

If all else fails, you should contact Autodesk support (subscription.autodesk.com). They take this kind of problem very seriously and are usually quite prompt. They've been able to recover a few corrupt files for me over the years.

david_peterson
2014-03-21, 02:18 PM
The other option would be to roll the project back and use the restore back-up. If you're saving every 20min or so that should be all you've lost. I would start as Damon has suggested above. If that fails next option is restore the back-up. If that fails, then Adesk may be your only hope.