PDA

View Full Version : split levels

tect75
2005-03-02, 02:58 PM
im just beginning to set up a split level existing house drawing. trying to figure out how to split the levels. any ideas?

aaronrumple
2005-03-02, 03:28 PM
View -> Plan Regions

tect75
2005-03-02, 04:18 PM
confused. how does the plan regions work. do i need to split the floor plan into the two levels and and draw each seperately or can i draw as one level and the plan reqions allow me to split the levels?

aaronrumple
2005-03-02, 04:46 PM
You'll need a level line for each level. What the plan region will do is allow you to create a view showing two different levels correctly in one view.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-03-02, 04:49 PM
A plan region does not split the plan into separate views it only alters the view depth settings. For ease of creating the plan, depending on the difference in the floor levels, you might want to create separate views of the upper and lower levels but just place the one view with plan regions on a drawing sheet.

tect75
2005-03-02, 04:49 PM
so i need to draw each level seperately and then in the drawing layout i can use the plan region to meld the two plans to one large plan. correct?

Henry D
2005-03-03, 03:22 AM
Rather than drawing each level separately on two different layouts, I would find it easier to draw both levels at the same time on one layout so you could see the entire plan while drawing it. I would do this by using a plan region which would make the sub level appear along with the main level.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-03-03, 06:01 AM
I agree with Henry. My point about using two plan views has more to do with placement of doors, windows and other components. These items are placed, by default, relative to the active view so rather than having to change all the sill levels etc. it's easier to just switch to the appropriate level and insert those items.

cjohnsos
2005-03-03, 11:45 PM
Plan regions are great, but how do I get the room tags for a higher level to show in a plan region placed on a lower level? The room tags want to grab the room separations set up for the lowest floor.

I have multiple levels that interact in various views.