PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Dimension invisible outside of cropped region

skyeg3206316
2014-04-03, 08:30 PM
For some reason when I try to dimension outside of the cropped region of the view, the dimension is either not created or is invisible. The weird thing is that I have another elevation where this is not an issue. The things that I am trying to dimension to I made using a generic annotation family. In the attached picture, the elevation on the left is the one that won't let me dimension between the level markers as in the one on the right. Dimensions is turned on in the visibility/graphics settings and two view properties are identical between the two elevations. Any ideas? thank you for any help you can give me.95354

david_peterson
2014-04-03, 09:43 PM
have you tried to uncheck the annotation crop box?

skyeg3206316
2014-04-04, 12:43 AM
Annotation crop is unchecked just as it is in the other view

CADastrophe
2014-04-04, 02:38 PM
I presume you have no issue if you were to turn off "Crop View"? I notice in the left image, the Levels are quite a bit away from the rest of the elements in the Views and it doesn't appear to be so in the right View, so maybe whatever means you used to do that is causing this?

rbcameron1
2014-04-04, 03:23 PM
Is the object you're dimensioning outside of the box (before turned on/off) then the dimension will not appear. Although its safe to presume you didn't do that, it might be helpful to check it. That's what always happens to me.