PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Cant Get Room Names From Links

stuthill1106
2014-04-04, 09:10 PM
I'm currently creating a "template" for all the Revit files we download and then export to DWG. So I have linked 5 Revit drawings into my "template" and that way, every time the architect or engineer sends me a new Revit file, we can just put that into the link folder and it automatically populates the new stuff into the template drawing with the section boxes already where they should be for each floor. What I've done so far works great for exporting the 3D views. However, when I want to export or view the floor plans or RCP's, There are no room names or ceiling heights. They are present in the original Revit file though so I'm wondering why they wont come into the drawing where they are linked?

ghale
2014-04-05, 06:59 PM
Only model geometry automatically displays through a link, not the annotation. The trick to this is to setup the floor plans and change the visibility settings of the linked view. Go to the Visibility Graphics and change the link to "By Linked View." Then use one of the views from the linked model to display the rooms. You may need to work with others to set these reference views up in there file. I often call these "Export Views"

You can also tag rooms and ceilings through links, but you will need to set these up yourself and make adjustments for positioning of annotations.