PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Schedule & Formatting is this possible?

dkeinys590960
2014-04-08, 08:31 PM
Schedule & Formatting is this possible?

Is any chance i can create schedule with Type and nested families part list like this?

Or how can i schedule only one type per schedule?

jsteinhauer
2014-04-08, 09:41 PM
Yes, you can do that. All of your nested components need to be set to Shared. Are you trying to model something for shop drawings, cause in a design model, i wouldn't really care.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

dkeinys590960
2014-04-08, 09:59 PM
I got all components shared and shared parameters but it list shared components as type so i got

Type and all shared components drops below and i cant find way to control all this.

can you pint me out please?

Thanks

jsteinhauer
2014-04-09, 01:41 PM
but it list shared components as type so i got

They are types, types of the nested components. In Manufacturing, you would call these nested components "Parts", and when assembling a specific model of Product X you would have a Parts Pick List. The Product Pick List describes the Parts that make up the item and their quantities. This is essentially what you're asking to do here.

Type and all shared components drops below and i cant find way to control all this.

Are all of your nested families the same Family Category as your host family? Will you post an image of your schedule, and be descriptive of the formatting issues you're having?

can you pint me out please?

I don't know what you're asking for. Sorry...

Jeff S.

dkeinys590960
2014-04-09, 07:59 PM
Here what i get

Is any way i can reformat it ?

To type Only One per Schedule?

jsteinhauer
2014-04-09, 09:02 PM
You are not itemizing every item, so you're not going to get the results you wanted above. Attached is our door schedule with all filters & sorting/grouping removed. It lists the Host family and the nested families directly underneath, just like your first example.

Revit will still sort the schedule regardless, typically based upon a hidden parameter of 'Element ID' (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm still unclear as to what you're looking to schedule. Would you be so kind as to expand upon that, so that we may better understand your problem & help address it?

Thank you,
Jeff S.

dkeinys590960
2014-04-10, 06:19 AM
Thanks for helping me

You schedule formatting is what i want how did you done that?

Regards

jsteinhauer
2014-04-10, 03:57 PM
I itemized every instance... Check your schedule settings, see attached image.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

dkeinys590960
2014-04-10, 06:59 PM
Thanks for input slowly getting there

What about same type to merge together?

Now i got schedule one mile long but with result i like

Regards

jsteinhauer
2014-04-10, 07:35 PM
Well that can be your master schedule, and then create (duplicate) additional schedules and apply filters to capture smaller segments of the master. You're not going to be able to do it both ways. If you're nested content is common between multiple families (ie, casework/cabinet: pull, hinge, slide), and you don't itemize every instance, they're not going to show up under the families in which they are nested. They're going to be rolled up into a single line item giving you the total count.

In your host families, are you creating a Family Parameter to control the Nested families?

Cheers,
Jeff S.

jsteinhauer
2014-04-10, 07:39 PM
They're going to be rolled up into a single line item giving you the total count.

This is true unless you apply a filter in your schedule to break out these different instances by parent family, either through an instance or type parameter. For example you could in each family fill out an instance parameter for "Comment" with the parent family's name, then sort it out in your schedule as a hidden column of data. Or, you could create separate types and manage it that way. Either way, you're going to be doing a lot of work.

dkeinys590960
2014-04-10, 08:05 PM
In your host families, are you creating a Family Parameter to control the Nested families?

I have crated shared parameter for length value is that enough?

how else i can control it?

Regards