PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as 'dumb' elevation tags?

bowlingbrad
2005-03-02, 06:35 PM
I need to annotate a wall section showing elevations of reveals in a concrete wall. Is there a way to place an elevation tag at the joint without it showing up in every other view? Do I need to create a generic tag? Can I make this generic tag with 'instance' type text? I don't want to use shared params if I don't have to.

J. Grouchy
2005-03-02, 06:42 PM
I created a "dummy level annotation" for just that purpose. I would attach it, but I'm sure someone out there has a better solution...

Nic M.
2005-03-02, 06:58 PM
try to create a spot dimension that has the look you want

aaronrumple
2005-03-02, 07:05 PM
Spot elevations are the way to go...

J. Grouchy
2005-03-02, 07:27 PM
I can't get those to appear the way I want them to.
1. - I like to be able to drag the end of the line - you can't move the end of the leader line OR create an adjustable line in the Symbol.
2. - I like to show an elevation AND a description (eg T.O. Wall, etc.), which I don't see an option for in the Spot Dimension.
3. - This is particularly nitpicky...but I also don't like how the text does not justify correctly as it does in the Level Annotation (ie justifies according to which side of the elevation or section it is on, as the image shows above where it justifies to the right when coming off of the right side of the section). Instead I have to drag the grip to align the text to the proper place.

If that's my only option, I think I'll stick with the dummy tag until I have more flexibility.

bowlingbrad
2005-03-02, 07:35 PM
try to create a spot dimension that has the look you want
Great! :grin: It worked! But I found that these spot dimensions are smart at the dimension, but DUMB when it comes to:
1. A line of text above the line to provide a description.
2. Any type of alignment to each other and/or anything else.
3. Text justification should be right, left, center, or auto with leader.

It is acceptable, for now. Anyone out there know how to address these issues, or is it a factory thing?

sbrown
2005-03-02, 07:49 PM
I just use a generic annotation