PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Revit 2013 - Issue with walls

ROBP-RDS
2014-04-14, 07:42 PM
I started a drawing a couple days ago and the floor plan is pretty far along now. I am on the first floor (plan view) level and I cant create walls. When I start the wall tool the bottom of the walls is set to be on the foundation level. I would liek the top of the wall to be at the second floor level. When I select the second floor constraint I get an error box "Top constraint is invalid for the level".

The only thing different about this particular project is I started it on my old computer (it was located on the desktop because we were in the process of getting a new server).Then I moved the file to the desktop of another computer in my office, then to my new PC. Now the server is up and running so I moved teh file to the server. Could all of the moving around of the file caused it to be corrupt?

Thanks,
Rob

kmarquis
2014-04-15, 02:27 AM
Could you be using Foundation Walls by any chance? They work in the negative direction. If you want to place a foundation wall you need to be in the first floor for example and set the Base Constraint. That's the only time I've seen this error message.

ROBP-RDS
2014-04-15, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the reply... For some reason my height / depth settings got changed around (the settings along the top of the screen when you select the wall tool). I toggled back to height and everythig appears to be working.

Thanks again!

Rob