PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Combining material takeoff schedules / calc grand total for entire project in 1 schedule.

bart.oris266980
2014-04-26, 09:35 PM
hi all!

i would like to do a simple cost calculation for building treehouses.

i have 2 "material types" i use:

1: beams wich are priced in m³
2: wooden boards and roofing material that are priced in m²

so i can make different schedules for each type (walls, floors, roofs and beams) and calculate the total cost per schedule and per type like this:

but the more types i add, the more schedules i have and the more i have to still manualy make the sum of all total costs for every schedule.
but i want to have 1 big schedule / list that combines all these types so i have only ONE grand total (the gand total of the entire project's material takeoff.)

the way i tried this is by making a multi category schedule but then there's a big problem when calculating the costs.

if i use a multiple category schedule and add the material volume & material area and create a material total area cost column & a material total volume cost column then the schedule will calculate the volume cost AND area cost for every material!

but some materials only need to be calculated for volume and other only for area.
if i make a combined schedule then it will calculate the volume AND area for ALL materials and the grand total price is totaly WRONG!

like this:

I hope someone understand what i'm trying to do and give me some advise on how to do it with Revit.

also excuse me for my English as it is not my native language.
also the screenshots are partly in English and partly Dutch, but i hope the idea is clear about what i'm trying to do.

ALOT OF THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

dhurtubise
2014-04-28, 08:44 AM
I'd simply create 2 schedules. One for Beams and one for wooden boards