PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Room Data Sheets in Revit Architecture

chris658686
2014-05-14, 09:07 AM
Any ideas how to include room data labels in a room tag to allow me to quickly show whats in a given room, i.e. furniture, sink, whiteboard etc. Should be quite straightforward right for a £5k piece of software?:mrgreen: I dont want to use schedules - i just want to use parameters and labels in a room view. As you can see I've come this far ...

rbcameron1
2014-05-14, 06:47 PM
You don't want to use schedules to make the room data schedule?

Could you just use the specialty tag and tag all your equipment? Then set aside a parameter for rooms and then...use a key to populate that list on a room by room basis. Not sure how you'd do that without creating at least a small schedule in Revit.

DaveP
2014-05-15, 02:15 PM
Should be quite straightforward right for a £5k piece of software?
Yes it is quite straightforward. Use a schedule.
[/QUOTE]I dont want to use schedules[/QUOTE]
Then it's not going to be very straightforward.
If you insist on using a hammer as a screwdriver, you're going to have a bad time.

jsteinhauer
2014-05-20, 12:04 AM
Room Data Sheets in Revit can be severely painful. Some of it is from adding and managing all of those parameters. But mostly, it will be an issue on how do you want to display this information. You can make a Room Data Sheet Tag, but then you'll have to have a plan view, with dependent views with these room tags. Then if you want to include equipment of furnishing schedules, you're going to want to have a plot sheet setup so you can pull in filtered schedules.

There is the problem that what is populated within the room's properties, might not match what is modeled. But you're going to have that no matter where you store the Room Data Sheet.

I have tried to keep it simple. I added a URL Parameter to my rooms within our Project Template, that we can then path to our RDS's out on our network. It doesn't matter if it is a word document, spreadsheet, pdf or website. The data is stored external to Revit, and is easily accessible to the project team.

The kid fell asleep, so I'm going to have a beer.

Cheers all,
Jeff S.

bmyrum
2014-05-29, 07:45 PM
We are looking at trying to extract the information from our model to create the RDS and not just pull it in. Any ideas? I can do a bunch of filtered schedules but also want to control the look.

Bjorn

greg.mcdowell
2014-06-02, 10:15 PM
You can use a Multi-Category Schedule to keep it all under one roof for consistency but you won't be able to automatically put any of this information into a Room Tag.

jsteinhauer
2014-06-03, 02:01 PM
We are looking at trying to extract the information from our model to create the RDS and not just pull it in.

The problem is that Rooms don't really know about the elements around or within them. These elements can be scheduled by room (Standard or Multi-Category), as long as the insertion point or Room Calculation Point falls within the room. You can export schedule views easy enough, without any 3rd Party Add-Ons. Check out the link below for populating PDF via an XML file.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6045292_use-xml-fill-pdf-forms.html