PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Countertops always white in plan view.

BillB_UH92
2014-05-18, 12:48 PM
When they are set to "Realistic", "Consistent Colors" or "Shaded" (any of the color settings) my COUNTERTOPS are always WHITE in plan view; everything else in the drawing has color, as it should. Is this a common problem?

The same countertops look great (marble, etc) in 3-D views; they render well, etc. I understand the masking region in the countertop family causes this phenomenon; is there an easy solution besides making a casework extrusion and cutting a hole for the sink?

(Sorry if this is basic question... I tried removing the masking region, but then everything below the counter becomes visible.)

Steve_Stafford
2014-05-18, 05:55 PM
The masking region is the reason, that doesn't have material to show you. The counter becomes invisible because I believe the stock families have assigned the counter's solid extrusions to not be visible in Plan. If you undo that you should see it.

BillB_UH92
2014-05-19, 11:40 AM
Thanks very much! This was driving me batty......

BillB_UH92
2018-01-23, 07:33 PM
Recently I have an OOTB countertop prec-cut for a sink; after I adjusted the visibility settings it looks great in a "realistic" plan except the area over the sink is white - somehow a masking region is still blocking the sink below the level of the countertop....
Any suggestions would be welcome.

BillB_UH92
2018-01-23, 07:42 PM
...I just got it!
the Masking Region needed to have opening for the sink. The matching countertop already had an opening. It would be better if it came this way Out-of-the-box; silly we have to cut the masking region to have an opening for the sink in a countertop that is pre-cut for a sink... sigh...