PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Revit Architecture - Room Tags on Second Floor

ROBP-RDS
2014-05-19, 01:40 PM
Hi! I have a plan where the room tags will not work on the second floor level. Any special tricks or tips to make them work properly? I have a top plate level and a second floor level. I am trying to add the tags to the second floor level.

Thanks!

CADastrophe
2014-05-19, 01:51 PM
Are the Rooms visible? The Cut Plane must be passing through the Rooms in order for the Rooms to be visible.

ROBP-RDS
2014-05-19, 01:57 PM
Hi! Yes, the rooms are visible in this case.
Thanks!

CADastrophe
2014-05-19, 02:00 PM
What is happening when you are trying to place a Room Tag? Are you getting an error or warning message?

ROBP-RDS
2014-05-19, 02:51 PM
This happened to me last week, I dont think I had a warning message. The tag just said it was zero sq. ft. (maybe something like "not room bounding"). I ended up just using text to identify the room names. I just did a test on a drawing from scratch and the room tag worked perfect. I think it has something to do with the space between the top plate and second floor level (where the perimeter band/ floor framing would be). I use a small 1" thick/ wide wall to go around the perimeter to fill in the gap between the top plate and second floor levels.
Thanks!

DaveP
2014-05-19, 05:00 PM
If you're getting a prompt like "not room bounding", then your Rooms are NOT showing up. Or at least the Rooms you want to Tag are not.
Using dumb Text is just a flat-out bad idea. You really need to figure out what the root cause is and fix it rather than just avoid the problem and cause more problems later.

We've got a View set up in our Template specifically for finding problems with Rooms.
It's got the Interior Fill and the Reference sub-category of thge Rooms turned on so you can easily see which rooms are Bound and where you have problems with rooms not Enclosed

cliff collins
2014-05-19, 05:05 PM
Make sure the 1" thick wall is set to Room Bounding, and that it touched the Level at it's bottom face.

MikeJarosz
2014-05-19, 09:57 PM
I ended up just using text to identify the room names.

That is sooooooooooo Acad.

ROBP-RDS
2014-05-20, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will work on that file to find out what is happening with it. I will make sure the 1" thick walls area room binding and touche the bottom faces.
Thanks again,
Rob

Steve_Stafford
2014-05-20, 09:25 PM
Using finish floors on top of the structural floor? If so make sure they are not room bounding. If a room bounding floor is inside the volume of the room it will prevent the room from generating area, working.

ROBP-RDS
2014-05-27, 02:43 AM
Steve,

Thanks! I will take a look and make sure they are not room bounding...

Rob