PDA

View Full Version : Titlesheet question

kwong
2005-03-03, 02:58 AM
Two questions actually:
Is there something similar to a watermark in Word that can be placed on a titlesheet to say NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION (or whatever) for some sheets, but not all, in a project?
Is there a way to also show a visual scale that is linked to the scale of the drawing on a sheet?
Thanks.

beegee
2005-03-03, 03:53 AM
You can make an NFC stamp that can be switched on or off globally across all sheets using that titleblock. HERE'S HOW. (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=11929&highlight=%2Anfc%2A)

But you want to switch it on it some sheets and not in others, within the set.
Because the shared parameter is added to Project Information an instance setting can't be used.
To do that you will need to load 2 different sheets - one with the NFC switch and one without and swap sheets to achieve the NFC on/off within the set. Or, you could just add text to the sheets concerned, and delete it when required.

You can add a visual scale, (there are some around - search or post back) but it can't be linked to the sheet drawing scale.

Two questions actually:
Is there something similar to a watermark in Word that can be placed on a titlesheet to say NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION (or whatever) for some sheets, but not all, in a project?
Is there a way to also show a visual scale that is linked to the scale of the drawing on a sheet?
Thanks.

Gadget Man
2005-03-03, 08:46 AM
...Is there something similar to a watermark in Word that can be placed on a titlesheet to say NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION (or whatever) for some sheets, but not all, in a project?
Have a look at my universal title block (attached). In the definition of a title block family I nested a simple DWG import (I wanted to maintain continuation of my style as much as possible when I switched from AutoCAD to REVIT) and simply passed its parameter "Visible" to the title block as the "Stamp visible".

Now, every time I load my title block into my drawing, when I highlight the title block itself and go in its Element Properties, I have an option of actually "tick" ON or OFF my "watermark stamp". Perhaps it could be improved even more, by actually connecting it to the View Properties, but I haven't explored this option yet.

I hope this gives you some ideas how it could be implemented...

Jerry.8-)

SCShell
2005-03-03, 12:29 PM
Hi there,

To answer your question about the Not for Construction note, I think you have it. But, there is a new feature in 7.0 which allows you to add instance parameters to your titleblock which allows you to add such things as a Yes/No instance. Follow the link http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=11565&highlight=Titleblock+Notes and read mcuevas' posts on how to do it.

Regarding the visual scale. Have you considered doing it in the actual "plan view", almost like modelling it. That way, when you bring it onto a sheet, it is always at the same scale as the plan. Just an idea.

Good luck
Steve

kwong
2005-03-03, 01:15 PM
I think Jerry's method is similar to what mcuevas' post described although the latter is more descriptive - thanks for the link SCShell. I've got the NFC & FC working. Also did the same for northpoints which can be turned off in elevations & sections. I suppose I can use this same method for visual scales? SCShell's suggestion is a good one though esp if there are a few dwgs of diff scales on the same sheet. Thank you all for your replies.
Kwong