PDA

View Full Version : Revit wall structure

taylorchamberlin662879
2014-05-21, 01:55 PM
Hello everybody,

I have a questing regarding a wall. So my problem is this, I have created a 2 x 6 Exterior wall with 1/2" osb sheathing and siding on the outside and 1/2" gyp board inside, now on my exterior side on some parts of the wall i want a stone to come up only half way. How do I do this??

Wanderer
2014-05-21, 02:24 PM
Hello everybody,

I have a questing regarding a wall. So my problem is this, I have created a 2 x 6 Exterior wall with 1/2" osb sheathing and siding on the outside and 1/2" gyp board inside, now on my exterior side on some parts of the wall i want a stone to come up only half way. How do I do this??

Hi, welcome to AUGI! I'm going to move your post from the New Users forum as it will be better served here.

Thank you.

david_peterson
2014-05-21, 06:38 PM
2 methods I could think of.
1, create a new stacked wall family with the stone on the bottom.
2, create a new wall type that's just the stone and model in front of the other wall.

I think the stacked wall is a better option for you.

jsteinhauer
2014-05-21, 09:03 PM
Method 3: Use a curtain wall, and apply wall types as the panels. Using a horizontal Curtain Grid line to separate the two.
Method 4: Create three walls. One is the stud and GWB, and the others are from face of stud outwards. Limit the height of the stone wall from the level to where you want it, then have the siding wall above it with a base offset to next level. Join the walls together. This is similar to stacked walls.

PijPiwo
2014-05-21, 11:30 PM
Hello everybody,

Have you started with the project yet? Is your siding wall already a part of your building? If yes, I think the easiest way to fix it now is to split the wall horizontally (in elevation view), remove the siding from the lower wall and add an air and a stone (assuming that you have a foundation ledge for your stone).
Otherwise, I think I like the method 4 the best (I just don't like stacked walls too much), but fwiw, I would add a sheathing to the stud/GWB wall since it is a common element for both types.
Also, I guess you will have some kind of a cap on top of the stone. You can add it on top of your wall as a sweep, modifying wall type property.