PDA

View Full Version : 2013 What are some tips for doing electrical plans with Revit Architecture 2013

ROBP-RDS
2014-05-27, 02:41 AM
Hi! What are some tips for doing electrical plans with Revit Arch. 2013? I want to do some residential type electrical plans showing the lighting fixture and switch connected with a dashed line. I am doing it with the reflected ceiling plan and making a plan region to show the switch then I just draw a hidden line with the arc line tool. I think there must be an easier way to do this.

Thanks!
Rob

gbrowne
2014-05-28, 10:22 AM
This is essentially how I do it. Detail families for all the fittings, then dotted lines for the indicative cable line. If using a ceiling plan I alter the cut plane to show door swings, windows etc. If I want to show furniture I perhaps use the floor level as an underlay. There may be a fancy way of doing it, but for most things, this way works fine. Of course its much easier when the services guys do it for me..... ;-)

What particular aspects of it did you think could be improved?

ROBP-RDS
2014-05-28, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info...

I was thinking there should be an easier way to combine the recps. / switches / and lighting fixtures. I was doing the recps. and switches on a floor plan - electrical page but my lighting fixtures are showing up on the ceiling plan. Maybe by playing around witht the cut plane I can make it work.

Thanks again,
Rob

gbrowne
2014-05-29, 03:59 PM
There is an old Revit adage that you should model information in 3D only if you really need to. Sockets and the like could quite happily reside as drafting lines only. It really depends on what you want to achieve and how complex the building is, or if there are potential clashes.

Let us know what you end up doing. :-)

ROBP-RDS
2014-05-30, 06:58 PM
Thanks! I think I will try making some symbols and doing it without the 3d symbols. Thanks a lot for your tips, I appreciate it...

Rob

dhurtubise
2014-06-02, 07:32 AM
You can definitely add some 3d switch as they will also show in tour elevation/section and 3d views.
Also if you have a Revit, and not only Revit architecture, those tools are already builtin.

ROBP-RDS
2014-06-02, 04:59 PM
Thanks! I only have Revit Architecture, but I did get it to work. I created the symbols I needed and inserted them into my project.
Thanks again for the ideas.

Rob