PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Force symbolic lines to show up in hidden line view

Bill Gilliss
2014-05-30, 01:11 AM
An interiors firm I am working with would like to indicate blocking in walls behind wall-mounted medical equipment, coat hooks, etc. I attach a screen shot of a 3D coat hook with symbolic lines indicating the blocking. The problem is, although these show up in wire frame views, they are blocked by the wall in hidden line and shaded views. Is there a way to force the symbolic lines in such a family always to appear? Thanks.

Bill Gilliss
2014-05-30, 01:16 AM
Note that checking the "Draw in foreground" property of the symbolic lines doesn't do it.

PijPiwo
2014-05-30, 02:38 AM
Create your blocking as a Detail Item family and load it into your project, it should show through the wall. Or even better, nest it into your wall mounted equipment family and then load it into the project.

lzaras
2014-06-02, 02:10 PM
I have recently found, working in Structural, with discipline set to Coordination, that walls and slabs will hide a lot of things that I need to see, Structurally.
Because of this, I think you may need to set the "Transparency" of your walls to something you're comfortable with. We use 100% transparent, now.