PDA

View Full Version : New Server with New Problems

MikeM4OSU
2005-03-03, 03:18 PM
We have updated our server, now I am moving all my files from the old to the new. When I open the SSM and select a project it is still pointing to the old location, Can this be changed to a new location of dwg files or do I need to create a new SS? Another question, when you close a sheet set does it release the drawings that it was associated with it? Thanks for any help.

MikeM4OSU
2005-03-03, 03:38 PM
Ok, after waiting a bit I guess the old server was still thinking about my SSM project and now has enabled me to get into the properties box, however I am not finding a way to change the path and file name of the sheet set data (DST) file. I did manage to update the location of each sheet layout by changing its location in the properties box. Just an update.

Homerloew
2005-03-03, 04:05 PM
I believe the path your sheet sets were set up with is the path they are stuck with. I have yet to find a way to change the path. I have recreated the .dst when the file is moved. It sucks but that is the only way I know to fix it.

MikeM4OSU
2005-03-03, 04:10 PM
So how do you get the sheets associated to the new SS? I tried creating a new one.

Homerloew
2005-03-03, 04:26 PM
So how do you get the sheets associated to the new SS? I tried creating a new one.

Every now and then I end up moving a file to a new folder. After everything is moved I delete the .dsd (drawing set description) and the .dst (sheet set). Then I go through the same steps in recreating the files as I did to create the first time. You need to delete the old ones first because you can have a layout in only one .dst.

MikeM4OSU
2005-03-03, 04:55 PM
What is a .dsd file? I show 2 types of files in the same folder, one is .dst file and the other is a .ds$ files could the later one be the same as the .dsd file?

Homerloew
2005-03-03, 05:21 PM
What is a .dsd file? I show 2 types of files in the same folder, one is .dst file and the other is a .ds$ files could the later one be the same as the .dsd file?

I doubt it. A .dsd is a drawing set description file. This is created when you use the publish command, set up a list of layouts to publish and save that list. When you save the list it gives it a .dsd extension.

Open the publish dialog, bring in a few drawings and then save them.

MikeM4OSU
2005-03-03, 08:03 PM
Ok I have stumbled onto a new issue with the SSM. Our new server is a Mac XServe G5, when I try to create the new SS and path to the new server AutoCAD 2005 will not let me write to the server. I will however let write to my p.c. I can copy files over to the new server, as well as save to the new server but cannot write a .dst file. Anyone out there have an X-server that can help with this problem.

MikeM4OSU
2005-03-08, 07:14 PM
I thought I would repost this so that maybe someone new might be able to help. Please help. Is ther anyone out there using this type of server?

Ok I have stumbled onto a new issue with the SSM. Our new server is a Mac XServe G5, when I try to create the new SS and path to the new server AutoCAD 2005 will not let me write to the server. I will however let write to my p.c. I can copy files over to the new server, as well as save to the new server but cannot write a .dst file. Anyone out there have an X-server that can help with this problem.