PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Room boundary issues - not working suddenly for new walls

w.li673419
2014-06-04, 10:57 PM
Hi there,

We have a strange bug in our Revit file which only happened in the last two days.

Rooms have stopped reading boundaries for any newly created or moved existing walls or room separation lines (which are all room bounding and were totally fine two days ago). Even if we create a new box room or separation lines as a test (outside of the floor plan) and try to place a room within, it will not read the boundaries.

We seem to be experiencing a similar problem to this user: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?137124-Room-boundary-issue
The difference is it is not isolated to one user or machine, my colleague working from the same central file has the same issue.

The only major thing we've changed in the last two days is renamed the worksets, and changed some wall types.

We tried and tested the suggestions in the above post, such as deleting the room and placing a new room again - in some instances this adjusts to the new boundaries, in other instances it doesn't.
Rebooting Revit didn't fix anything.
Everything is in the same phase (new construction) - none of that has changed. We haven't moved any floor levels or computational levels or anything from two days ago.

We are using Revit 2014.

Any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated, much thanks!

gbrowne
2014-06-05, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the forum!

First things I'd look at:

Are there options involved? You've checked the room levels in a section? On the correct phase? The room calculation height is correct? The room 'x' is in the right place relative to the new walls, i.e. its in the correct place?

damo3
2014-06-05, 09:22 AM
Hmm interesting problem.
If you make a new central file and then rollback the history on the other, it may help you to pinpoint what has happened to cause the behaviour. As in our office its not what you swear you didnt do in the model, its what you did that you didnt know about. Something has changed and rollback sometimes, not always can help refine workflow issues that may cause thesebthings, eg users not using the filter selection and deleting the wrong things unknowingly.

tkrich00
2014-07-08, 07:23 PM
I am having a similar issue - It is a worksharing project has multiple linked Revit files and Autocad files. The rooms just stopped finding the boundaries of the walls. They will not find the boundaries, New surrounding wall don't work, New separation lines don't work, Even a new room will not find any wall. I have tried removing links, removing all Autocad file, and nothing is making the rooms reset. I have tried toggling just about every setting for rooms that I know of from cut plans, levels it was created on, room volume settings and nothing works. Using v2014 with all the updates (have not switched to 2015 yet) Does anyone have any ideas of how to correct this?