PDA

View Full Version : 2015 VIEW NOT TO SCALE

konetarchitecture
2014-06-06, 05:46 PM
Please advise at changing the view title so that it states "N.T.S." (NOT TO SCALE). I just can't seem to figure that one out.

I am inserting some images on my Sheet and they have no scale so I'd like to have their view title reflect that.

Thanks!

CADastrophe
2014-06-06, 06:22 PM
Locate your View Title Family for editing; it can be located in the Project Browser under Families » Annotation Symbols. Duplicate the standard Family Type (right-click » Duplicate) and rename it so it has the suffix "(NTS)". Now open that Family for editing. Next, open the Family Types dialog, which is the button on the Ribbon with the four blue squares. Create two new Yes/No Instance Parameters named "Scale" and "No Scale", and enter "not(No Scale)" as the formula for "Scale". For each Family Type, check or uncheck the parameter "No Scale" as appropriate. Hit 'OK'.

Create a new Text element (reading "N.T.S.") that mimics the formatting of the Label that reports the "Scale" Parameter, and place it below it for now. Select the Text and under Properties, click on the grey button next to "Visibility", and choose the "No Scale" Parameter from the following list. Repeat the same for the Label, except choose the "Scale" Parameter. Move the Text so it overlaps the Label, and then reload this back into your Project.

In the Project environment, you can now create a dedicated Viewport Type that uses the "View Title (NTS)" Family. You can easily duplicate the existing Viewport Type by selecting one and going to Type Properties, and then clicking the "Duplicate..." button. Name it appropriately, and then set "Title" to your newly created Family Type (NTS).

PijPiwo
2014-06-06, 10:32 PM
Or, click on the scale (view control bar), pick ‘Custom’ and put a check mark by ‘Display Name’ and type NTS.

CADastrophe
2014-06-09, 12:30 PM
Nice! I didn't think of that! That's a bit easier.