PDA

View Full Version : 2013 precast stair material visibility

cr_gixxer
2014-06-17, 04:01 PM
I'm trying to create a precast stair, and to get it to appear as a solid mass, I've adjusted the landing thickness to match the overall rise of the stairs. Upon doing this though, it seems like there is a material difference between the landing and the stairs. I can't find any material parameter to adjust. I haven't tried rendering this yet to see how it turns out, but I was hoping to just use the shaded view to provide a perspective rendering.

You can see the stair that I started with in the background prior to adjusting the landing thickness. I started by duplicating the type, so it confuses me to why it would change.

Could someone enlighten me to why this might be occurring.

cr_gixxer
2014-06-17, 04:30 PM
rendering also has the 'dual-material'

PijPiwo
2014-06-17, 07:04 PM
I can't find any material parameter to adjust.
I’m not sure why this happened (glitch?), but you can change the landing material in the same window (type properties) where the landing thickness parameter is. It’s right below it.
The same with the stair, material parameter is in the stair type properties window.

cr_gixxer
2014-06-17, 08:05 PM
thanks I missed that, but where is the material for the stair portion. I can't seem to find the kind of material the standard precast stair uses.

PijPiwo
2014-06-17, 08:11 PM
select stair->edit stair (ribbon)->select stair->edit type (properties)