PDA

View Full Version : Level Bubble (Elevation)

czeitz
2005-03-03, 08:17 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for creating a level family that looks like the attached image? Please note the T.O.S. prefix for the level name and the brackets around the height.

I saw David Conant's thread on adding the "T.O.S." ("A.F.F., actually - but it's the same idea) to the level bubble family, but I can't get it to behave properly - it is difficult to control when the bubble flips left or right (depending on the particular view). And I can't get the brackets around the elevation value.

I also saw his suggestion for creating this object as a spot elevation family. I was able to get the brackets around the elevation value, but I couldn't get the level name to function. So both of those suggestions ALMOST work.

Any suggestions would be helpful...

Thanks!

Chaim

J. Grouchy
2005-03-03, 08:35 PM
I wonder if allowing view-specific levels would solve it or just cause more problems...

I think they should allow a Prefix/Suffix on levels as they do for Dimensions & Spot Dimensions. This would effectively solve your problem.

mlgatzke
2005-03-04, 01:51 AM
The Level Name is simply taken from the Level name in your Revit model. The EL. [+###] could be faked. Go into the annotation family and place the "EL. [" into the annotation family, below the level line, as regular text. Then follow it with the height label. Then follow that with a "]" that's regular text again. The only thing you have to make sure of is that you've spaced the [] far enough apart for any elevation that may have to go between them. Voila, you have your Elevation Tag.

czeitz
2005-03-04, 05:04 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. It looks like I will have to do a lot of "faking" to get this to work. I hope the developer sees the need for more flexibility with the Level system family.

Chaim