PDA

View Full Version : 2014 INSERTING SPECS FROM MASTER SPEC TO MY PROJECT

harkeychad
2014-06-24, 02:29 PM
This is a new one for me. Someone in the office will be editing the specs and I will be placing them in our sheets. What is the best way to go about this? Having him insert into Cadd and then inserting the Cadd file? He wants to use the ASCII symbols but I am pretty sure when I import that cadd file those do not show up correctly. I can explode and edit the text and insert character maps but seems like this is a big work around. What is everyone else doing? Thanks

gbrowne
2014-06-24, 03:22 PM
A couple of questions:

When you say Cadd, do you mean AutoCAD?

Are you using Revit?

Are you using Revit with keynotes?

What program do the original Master specs reside in?

Is it a graphical thing or a text thing you are creating?

Once we get the basics sorted, the ideas and workarounds will start flowing. :-)

harkeychad
2014-06-24, 06:22 PM
Sorry. That is what I get for assuming everyone knows what I am talking about. I am using Revit 2014 and yes it is AutoCAD. I am using Keynotes in Revit for plans but that is not going by the specs at all. He is working in Word with the Master specs. It is about inserting that file directly into Revit from his Word Document or if he had to insert that into AutoCAD and then I can insert that into Revit. I just found how to use the Character Maps directly into my text in Revit so if I had to explode the AutoCAD file, I would be able to make the spec look he wants it to be. I hope that cleared things up. Thanks