PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Area Quantity Calculations

ParametricGR
2014-06-30, 04:11 PM
I usually have to count areas at Revit Projects and I have to present them to my customers according to the attached sketch. Does anybody know if there is an automated procedure to pick the dimensions and let Revit make all the rest? If no is there a plugin for this job?
If all answers are “no” I really intend to make a VBA routine. Is anybody able to help me?
Thanks in advance,
Pantelis

StratCat
2014-06-30, 05:27 PM
Why not use AREAS in Revit ? defined by a boundary and when the tag is placed the square footage (or other formatted result) is shown.

patricks
2014-06-30, 07:33 PM
Is that an interior perspective view of a room showing 3 walls?

There is an extension called Roombook which can be found as part of subscription service. It places small model objects on the floor, ceiling, and walls of a room, which contain a number of parameters you can schedule. I haven't used it much but length and height should be in there, and then you can calculate the area for each wall, and the total.

You can use the length and/or area parameters built into walls, but then you'll have to filter down your schedule to just those walls, and those walls cannot extend outside the room. Also there may be errors due to the way walls join and extend past each other at corners.

StratCat
2014-06-30, 09:23 PM
If you use parts, interior / exterior quantity calcs are much more accurate.

MikeJarosz
2014-06-30, 09:34 PM
Highlight any wall in your project and look at its properties. The area is always shown as a property of a wall.

Duncan Lithgow
2014-07-01, 07:29 PM
In the recent large project I worked on we looked into all the methods mentioned but decided they were all too advanced for our users and too prone to errors. So we just draw a Model Line around the perimeter of the room and give it a fixed height (per type/family/building) resulting in a calculated area. It's a but rough but it's easy and gives the possibility of showing wall finishes on floor finish plans and not only in a schedule. Room Book loads a ton of new parameters into the model and still doesn't allow us to change the wall finish partway across a wall.