PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Contours not breaking at feature line

scott.jeffers
2014-06-30, 07:46 PM
I have an issue where my contour lines are hitting one feature line for top edge of a swale, but at the next feature line (which is intended to walk the design surface back to existing grade) the contours are shooting off into nowhere, with no logical reason. I even checked the EL at the terminus of the errant contours, and it's a value not equal to the value of the contour line (spotgrade on 65.00m contour returns value of 64.98).

chris.bertschy
2014-07-03, 02:05 AM
Hi,

Are the green lines feature lines? If so, you may have to set the tinn lines to display and flip them around a bit. That will help your corner for sure. If the green lines are at the same elevation and are feature lines then you may want to not include the outer feature and daylight the inner one (toe of bank) to the existing ground. The best way to help you will be to add another picture of the tinn lines with points turned on.

Chris

Iceberg
2014-07-03, 01:31 PM
Have you tried to create an assembly of the swale and run a corridor that targets your existing surface?

dgordon.68443
2014-08-13, 01:53 PM
the picture would be a lot more helpful if you included some spot grades at the feature line vertices.
did you use the grading commands to daylight the surfaces back to existing? if so, what grade? 1:3 or 1: 5?
seems the daylight line is awefully straight. They don't tend to look like that in my experience.