PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Revit build number

MikeJarosz
2014-07-03, 01:56 PM
I am aware that Autodesk recommends that all work sharing users should have the same build of Revit. All of our staff, scattered around several locations, have 64 bit/Win 7 hardware, so there hasn't been any problem keeping everyone up to date. All of us have Revit 2014 build 20131024_2115(x64) Update Release 2.

Recently, one of our users installed Revit on a 32 bit laptop with Windows 8.1. It crashes often. Will this be a problem when he saves to the Revit Server?

BTW: another user has Windows 8.1 using Revit 2014 64 bit. Is THAT a problem?

meng005
2014-07-03, 03:32 PM
I just asked this question to Autodesk support. The short answer is no for Revit Server; yes for network workshared files.

meng005
2014-07-03, 03:41 PM
I just asked this question to Autodesk support. The short answer is that no for Revit Server; yes for network workshared files.
Autodesk response:

When accessing workshared files from a shared Windows directory not utilizing Revit Server, it is important that all clients be using the same version of Windows, and thus the same version of SMB. This is not the case when saving to Revit Server as the communication to the server does not use SMB. The client version of Windows, either Windows 7 or 8, is not critical when Revit Server is used.

To confirm your other comment, yes, everyone will need to be on the same Revit build and hotfixes.

My comment:

However, I wonder if the DWG links pointing back to the network drive could still be culprit with mixed OS....

Limbatus
2015-01-16, 12:02 AM
how do I determine my build number? IT installed my Revit a couple months ago, is there a menu or an info panel where I can find it quickly? I'm trying to install the service packs. thanks

rtaube
2015-01-16, 01:09 AM
Upper right of your Revit screen you'll see a blue question mark inside of a white circle. Click the dropdown arrow to the right of that and select About Autodesk Revit 2015. Your Build Number should be in the upper right, and if there are updates, the most current will appear below that.