PDA

View Full Version : Managing Links

David Sammons
2005-03-04, 01:22 PM
I linked a DWG file to my Revit file. However, the option to manage this link from the FILE menu is not available. It is greyed-out. How can I manage links?

sbrown
2005-03-04, 01:38 PM
go to a plan view, for some reason it is greyed out in a perspective of 3d view. If it is still grey then in means there is not linked file in the project yet. YOu may have imported instead of linked the file.

David Sammons
2005-03-04, 02:02 PM
Thanks Scott. I was trying to access 'Manage Links from a sheet view. After changing to a plan view as you suggested, I can now manage the links.

David Sammons
2005-03-04, 02:07 PM
How do I change to a plan view in the titleblock family editor? In my project file, I can switch to a plan view and manage links, but this is not the case in the titleblock family editor.

sbrown
2005-03-04, 02:48 PM
There is no plan view in annotation families, so there is no way to do it. I don't think you would want to in the long run be "linking" dwg's into titleblock families. I'd recommend you spend the time to recreate your titleblock as true revit lines. Your companies logo, if its a dwg could be imported, thats fine.

pwmsmith
2005-12-19, 09:54 PM
Why would the view in the combined rvt' differ from the view in the rvt that was linked? I revised the linked file by turning off some drafting lines, saved file, closed, and opened combined file' but no change. Reloaded file and still no change.

sbrown
2005-12-19, 11:42 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Detail lines are view specific and you don't see them in linked files. If you mean you added lines in your title block and you reload and don't see them, i'm not sure unless the files are named differently.