PDA

View Full Version : 2014 changing catagories.....

nichols_taylor675656
2014-07-07, 01:35 PM
I have a bathroom that is a group it is duplicated in several places within a hotel. I have a vanity (which is casework) as part of the group which contains a sink. Outside of the bathroom in the living space I have a piece of casework (that I need to turn off). When I turn casework off (in my view template) the casework in the living space disappears which is what I want but I also loose my sink in the bathroom. I need to change my vanity top to "plumbing" so I don't loose the fixture.

How do I do that?

damon.sidel
2014-07-07, 02:02 PM
Select the vanity top and choose "Edit Family" in the context menu in the ribbon. Now you are in the family editor. Then follow this http://bradleybim.com/2013/05/22/how-to-change-a-revit-family-category-designation/. (This link isn't special, I just searched for "revit change family category" and this was the first one that popped up.)

nichols_taylor675656
2014-07-07, 02:48 PM
perfect....thanks

greg.mcdowell
2014-07-07, 08:47 PM
To each his/her own but I wouldn't turn something that is clearly a casework family into a plumbing family... use Filters instead.

KGC
2014-07-07, 09:12 PM
I agree with greg......I don't like turning a whole category off for something like this.

Try using a filter or even create a sub-category in the family if possible.