PDA

View Full Version : Residential Template- Using demo tool

pwmsmith
2005-03-04, 03:08 PM
I'm using Revit 7, Residential template. When I go to use the demo tool in plan view the wall does not change. I have checked the Phase representations and its OK. Tool works fine in Default template. Is anyone else having this problem?

BillyGrey
2005-03-04, 03:42 PM
Hey Pat,

The way I get a visual representation change when duplicating your scenario is by creating a demo phase, then adjusting my settings as shown in the picture.

I know this is not a full explanation, but there are allot of combinations you can
create in the phasing dialog, so I HTH.

Bill

pwmsmith
2005-03-04, 04:20 PM
Bill,
I think there is a problem with the templete. I cannot make the demo wall appear dashed even with the correct settings.

BillyGrey
2005-03-04, 05:17 PM
Pat:

I am using the latest build, but I am pretty sure I have not updated my content since the cd release.
I produced the above result by creating a new project, using the stock residential file.

I did have trouble initially getting the view to behave, and when I used the hammer on the wall, it also did not change...Then I started fooling with settings.

My combinations were hit and miss until that view happened when I hit those settings at one point.
I don't know if the view refreshed itself or what, but it seemed to me I was not getting correct results either.

Deserves looking into, at best we'll both get a lesson, at worst, we'll get a bug fixed.

Steve_Stafford
2005-03-04, 05:29 PM
Bill,
I think there is a problem with the templete. I cannot make the demo wall appear dashed even with the correct settings.The first floor plan in the default Res template we have has a phase filter setting of "none". You should be able to just choose "Show All" or " Demo and New" to have it behave properly. It does here at least.

pwmsmith
2005-03-04, 05:59 PM
That did it Steve!
New question. How do you reverse a demo wall back to existing?

Steve_Stafford
2005-03-04, 06:02 PM
That did it Steve!
New question. How do you reverse a demo wall back to existing?Tools | Duct Tape | Fix Wall

But seriously, pick the wall, open properties, edit the parameter "Phase Demolished " to say NONE.

pwmsmith
2005-03-04, 06:11 PM
Sorry for the obtuse questions and no I didn't look for the 'duct tape'. Was a blond early in life. Now have turning hair. Turning gray and turning loose.
Thanks for your patience.

sfaust
2005-03-04, 07:07 PM
so how did you get windows to look like OS X?

Steve_Stafford
2005-03-04, 07:10 PM
so how did you get windows to look like OS X?Easy...he's using the MAC version :shock:

sfaust
2005-03-04, 07:40 PM
yeah, that's what it looks like, but we've had this discussion... (several times)

BillyGrey
2005-03-04, 11:12 PM
Whoops, wasn't supposed to let the cat out of the bag about the rel. 5.5 mac beta...

You remember that mac hoax photo about a 1.5 years ago???
I wonder if the photo was done in a windows skin proggy called Style XP, and not photoshopped :)

Scott D Davis
2005-03-05, 01:03 AM
Almost 2 years ago....the Mac Images showed up on April Fools Day 2003!

zanzibarbob7
2005-03-05, 05:03 PM
Steve,

The first floor plan in the default Res template we have has a phase filter setting of "none". You should be able to just choose "Show All" or " Demo and New" to have it behave properly. It does here at least.When I open up the Phase Filters in Settings my option for "Show All" is grayed out. I don't see a way to choose it. Consequently, I have the same problem with my Res Template, but good in Default.

Comparing the settings in the Default and Residential, they appear to be the same. What am I missing? I have the lastest version and I am on a Windows based PC.

Steve_Stafford
2005-03-05, 05:47 PM
...open up the Phase Filters in Settings my option for "Show All" is grayed out....same problem with my Res Template, but good in Default...It is gray in all project templates that I have. I assume it is a system setting.

zanzibarbob7
2005-03-05, 09:03 PM
Given that it is gray in all templates what change do I have to make to get the Demo/Hammer (blue dashed line) to show in the Residential template like it already does in the Default template?

When I use the hammer now it disjoins the wall but line and color remain the same in the Res. template but work fine in the Default Template.

Steve_Stafford
2005-03-06, 02:40 AM
Every view has the same two parameters (among others) Phase and Phase Filter. The phase filter must be set to one that changes how demolished objects appear. Typically Show All and Show Demo + New will do this as well as Show Previous + Demo. Setting the filter to one of these should work.

The menu SETTINGS | PHASES is where you decide how Revit will alter things when using the phase filters. Forgive me for asking, but you have done the tutorial for phasing right? ;)