PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Revit 2015, Is there a way to attach a wall to a topography surface

kennethpkottwitz676661
2014-07-15, 10:54 PM
I know there has been nothing posted about this in some time so I wanted to ask...
I've never dealt much with topography but now I do...
I am hoping to make it so the walls can attach them selves to the topography, so I get that clean elevation line of where they meet...
If yall have your own way to fudge it, anything helps and thanks in advance....

rudolfweyers346383
2014-07-16, 06:18 AM
To my knowledge its not possible to attach a wall to topography. I've been using subregions where the lines are on the wall line which then creates a line when viewed in elevation/section/3d

patricks
2014-07-16, 04:07 PM
You can also extend a building pad out to the exterior face of your walls, which will drop the topography down underneath the building. I use a thin 1/4" pad called "Vapor Barrier" and set it 8" below my floor slab, and then the topography comes up to the building generally 6" below the floor level. That gives me a clean line in elevations. Then in section views I hide the Pads category and everything looks clean.

taylor.odell676489
2014-07-16, 09:15 PM
It can be done. It requires some work and some sacrificial elements but I've seen it done before. See the link below for a tutorial. Marcello Sgambelluri is a genius when it comes to Revit and can do things that the people at Autodesk think is impossible.

http://therevitkid.blogspot.com/2012/07/revit-tutorial-walls-follow-topography.html

gbrowne
2014-07-17, 03:27 PM
Just to be controversial: How would you build it though? ;-)