PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Building Sectioon

mason335019
2014-07-16, 08:13 PM
Hello all,

First post ever on here, but have used many of the wonderful ideas on the forums in the past. I am trying to create a building section marker that uses a filled tail with referencing detail and sheet number that I can use for horizontal and vertical sections. When I try to create the family, the text rotates seemingly arbitrarily around the section tail marker. Has anyone had an experience in creating this?

I have attached the file and would love some help on this.

Much appreciated

Mason

taylor.odell676489
2014-07-16, 09:46 PM
Mason,

I've had a similar issue with the text not rotating exactly the way I want it to but my issue was with elevations and was slightly different. I opened your family and played around with it a little and it seems to work a little better when the tail (and as a result text) is horizontal but it still wasn't working for when the tail/text is vertical. One thought was that you could have two different section families, one for horizontal sections with a working vertical tail and one for vertical sections with working horizontal tails.

Also, I noticed that in the label you're using the order it was placed on the sheet, not the detail view. Just wanted to make sure that you were aware of that because if you change the detail number of the section then the reference will not change and will stay as 1 (if it was placed on the sheet first, 2 if it was placed on the sheet second...). Don't know if you intended this but wanted to make you aware.

I've attached the version that I worked on below. Hope it helps and let me know if I can clarify anything or help further.

T