PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Revit 2015 or Revit 2015 LT, please help

Oeftger195125
2014-07-17, 01:29 PM
I am completely NEW to Revit. I have had NO training. After 25 spotty years of AutoCAD for others and 8 years of ArchiCAD, I am looking to make a purchase, maybe. As an architect, I have some concerns about what might not be included in LT. I do not collaborate. I may do work for other architects with Revit in the future. 3D visualization and renderings is important.

What is "Construction modeling parts and assemblies", which is not in LT? How will that affect me?

Are there other lacking features that I might miss?

I saw the comparison at:
http://www.autodesk.com/products/revit-lt/compare/compare-revit-products
But I do not know what some of this stuff means.

Brian Myers
2014-07-25, 01:42 AM
If renderings are important, then LT might not be the best solution for you. It does not do them inside the product.

Construction modeling parts and assemblies... I wouldn't worry about them. It's not that the feature can't be useful, it can, but at your current skill level it is unlikely you will miss them any time soon (if ever).

But it will allow you to collaborate with other architects and do the majority of things you would need to accomplish.

CAtDiva
2014-07-25, 03:13 PM
If renderings are important, then LT might not be the best solution for you. It does not do them inside the product.

Construction modeling parts and assemblies... I wouldn't worry about them. It's not that the feature can't be useful, it can, but at your current skill level it is unlikely you will miss them any time soon (if ever).

But it will allow you to collaborate with other architects and do the majority of things you would need to accomplish.

Thank you for highlighting the rendering challenge ... that's worth thinking twice about the value of Revit LT for me.