PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Project Brwser and Properties

harkeychad
2014-07-28, 11:14 AM
Good morning all. So on Friday my screen went wacky. I am not able to get the two boxes set one above and one below anymore. this is driving me crazy. I used to have the top one on there then place the lower one and it snaps into place. Please help

Craig_L
2014-07-28, 12:33 PM
You `should` just be able to drag the tab at the bottom "properties" away and seperate the two.

harkeychad
2014-07-28, 12:42 PM
I have tried that a hundred times. I have got rid of them and went to -user interface and clicked on both to bring back and it makes it the way the jpeg is.

Steve_Stafford
2014-07-28, 03:51 PM
Un-checking and Checking them in View ribbon > User Interface does not reset their docking behavior.

As the previous reply mentioned...it is subtle... Click on the TAB (let's say the Properties tab to be specific) at the bottom of the Project Browser/Properties Palette window and drag it away from the palette, into the drawing area. Don't let go of your mouse button until you see a separate window, isolated within the drawing area.

Once it is separated you can drag by clicking on the Title Bar (the top of the frame of the Properties Palette) and dragging it above or below the Project Browser. Don't let go of the mouse until you see a separate ghost of the the Properties Palette where you want it.

If you see a ghost of a TAB appear at the bottom don't let go of the mouse, that's not interpreting what you want correctly. Move your mouse around until you see the correct ghosted frame. It's all based on where the tip of the cursor is, not the ghost/frame or outline of what you are moving around.

I posted THIS VIDEO (http://youtu.be/a_2pYL_ifA0) to describe what I've written.

harkeychad
2014-07-28, 06:50 PM
Thank you. I just did no have enough patience to do that I guess. Took my time and finally worked.