PDA

View Full Version : 2015 link cad issues

vanderloo5
2014-08-05, 04:03 PM
Hi All,
I don't often have to link cad files into my Revit projects but, in this case I need to link a .dwg site plan into my site.
The client wanted me to eliminate a few things that were in the .dwg so I opened it, froze the specified layers, saved, and went into manage links in Revit and tried to reload it
but the items are still there. I tried turning the layers off, saving, and re-importing and no change. So I "imported" the .dwg again and the frozen layers are still showing.
What am I missing??
Thank You

CAtDiva
2014-08-05, 04:17 PM
First of all, go back to linking the DWG file ... avoid "importing" as much as possible.

A couple things:
1) When you are in the Link dialog, review the options at the bottom before you click "OK" ... there is an option for what layers to bring in and "visible" (i.e. the layers that are on and thawed in the DWG) is what you would want to check.
2) If the DWG is already linked, you can select it in a view and click the "Query" button that pops up on the ribbon. Then you can click something you don't want to see. When the properties dialog pops up, you can click "Hide" and it will turn off that layer in that view.
3) You can also turn layer visibility on and off in Visibility Graphics (on the Imported Categories tab - you can expand the "+" to see the layers).
4) If you're using View Templates, you can do step 3 for a set of views.

tedg
2014-08-05, 04:18 PM
Hi All,
I don't often have to link cad files into my Revit projects but, in this case I need to link a .dwg site plan into my site.
The client wanted me to eliminate a few things that were in the .dwg so I opened it, froze the specified layers, saved, and went into manage links in Revit and tried to reload it
but the items are still there. I tried turning the layers off, saving, and re-importing and no change. So I "imported" the .dwg again and the frozen layers are still showing.
What am I missing??
Thank You
Are you turning the layers off in the Revit link under visiblity settings?

vanderloo5
2014-08-05, 05:00 PM
I am now Ted. Thank You CatDiva. Problem solved.