PDA

View Full Version : site component location

orwake
2005-03-04, 11:43 PM
I am impressed by the ability of a site component to attach itself to the correct elevation of a toposurface, but how do I control the "host feature" ? (it is grayed out in the constraints area of the Element Properties window)

Also, how do I create a site component to orient perpendicular with the topography (such as a vehicle) rather than vertical?

thanks for any help, I am still very new at using the Family editor, etc.

beegee
2005-03-05, 12:01 AM
A site component knows that its host is the topo surface, hence this is not an available field under properties.
You can however select another topo surface as the host using the radio button " Pick Host" on the options bar.

To orientate a site component perp to topo, in the component family, uncheck the button " always vertical".

I am impressed by the ability of a site component to attach itself to the correct elevation of a toposurface, but how do I control the "host feature" ? (it is grayed out in the constraints area of the Element Properties window)

Also, how do I create a site component to orient perpendicular with the topography (such as a vehicle) rather than vertical?

thanks for any help, I am still very new at using the Family editor, etc.