PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Cannot place mullion in all CW grid lines?

jagostinho
2014-08-26, 02:20 PM
Hello,

I am unable to place mullions in all grid lines of a particular CW.
Not a problem if I Create Similar CW.

Anyone having the same problem out there?

Please see attached image.

Thanks.
J

Duncan Lithgow
2014-08-27, 07:19 PM
Post an example file with this problem so we can take a look.

Steve_Stafford
2014-08-27, 11:42 PM
Sounds like you may have multiple Curtain Grids in nearly the same place. A frequent misconception is that we need to place another curtain grid when we've been choosy about placing a single curtain grid segment. To increase the number of segments we have to select the curtain grid and then use the Add/Remove Segments button on the ribbon instead. If there are two curtain grids very close together Revit may refuse to place a mullion. I'd expect a warning message but you don't mention whether one is happening.

jagostinho
2014-08-28, 10:25 AM
Here is a file with the CWs.
I am trying to add a mullion to the segment circled in red in the image below.

see if this Dropbox link works for download, please.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dux8afq4i88h4n/Group%202.rvt?dl=0

how do I attach a file to a post, btw? :-s

jagostinho
2014-08-28, 01:14 PM
Sounds like you may have multiple Curtain Grids in nearly the same place. A frequent misconception is that we need to place another curtain grid when we've been choosy about placing a single curtain grid segment. To increase the number of segments when have to select the curtain grid and then use the Add/Remove Segments button on the ribbon instead. If there are two curtain grids very close together Revit may refuse to place a mullion. I'd expect a warning message but you don't mention whether one is happening.

I can't even select the grid to add/remove the segment.

Duncan Lithgow
2014-08-28, 08:35 PM
Steve guessed correctly. You have a whole lot of grid lines way to close to each other and the edge. This will cause problems and needs fixing manually.