PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Elevation and section markers by phase

david_peterson
2014-08-29, 01:46 PM
So I have an elevation marker created in an early phase is there a way to get the view to show up in later phases without using a referenced view? Ie are Eleavtions and Sections phase specific and only show up on plans of the same phase.
Thanks in advance.

dhurtubise
2014-09-02, 09:02 AM
No simply because elevations don't have a phase, they are the phase. They don't exist in time since they are displaying a point in time.

david_peterson
2014-09-02, 12:24 PM
Thanks. It makes sense. Just like rooms do. We'll just have to use the reference other view method I guess.
Gee, wouldn't it be nice to have a toggle that says this view is good from this point in time going forward. You build the outside first. Once it's built, odds are you're not going to remodel it before construction is complete.

jsteinhauer
2014-09-02, 07:34 PM
But you can push and pull that information around by using the Phase of the view. We have a hospital project, that was one phase but is now being broken into three new construction phases. A lot of the work was already done, but now needed to be broken up by phase. Instead of whole sale recreating the views and all the annotations. We duplicated the plan & elevation views, and removed the annotation of things happening in a future phase. Once you change the phase of the duplicated view, the new work shows up and the annotation is there to cover it. There were also a lot of callouts for enlarged plan views. These callouts were just shifted to the proper phase (when the work actually was to happen) and everything worked out fine.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

david_peterson
2014-09-02, 07:47 PM
Right.
Problem here is we're doing a Phased project but we aren't issuing phased drawings.
So while I know where and when the work is going to happen I'm only going to show you the final condition for the most part.
So while the work took place in phase 1, I'm showing the completed work at the end of phase 20.
Makes lots of sense doesn't it? :roll:

dhurtubise
2014-09-05, 07:05 AM
Im curious David, why did you break it down in Revit of your not doing the documentation based on those phase?

david_peterson
2014-09-05, 01:51 PM
Simple answer is it wasn't in our contract. Ha.:screwy:
That's the way the owner wanted it and it didn't take long before the contractor threw the hands up and started asking for phasing drawings.