PDA

View Full Version : 2014 adding mullions to existing window family

ozren.stambuk679025
2014-09-15, 01:27 AM
Hi there,

I want to modify an archtop window with trim to have some muntins running across it. I open the family editor, modify the proper extrusion to include the muntins where I desire, but then it cannot load the modified window into the project, or it creates a window that does not conform to the size parameters I set in the edit type properties. The muntins that I added to the existing extrusion appear in odd places. I am new to Revit so please enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong. Thank you for your time and patience.

Ozren

damon.sidel
2014-09-15, 12:56 PM
Try a video tutorial like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiKfrHeR0ek or any of the other ones you can find on YouTube.
I'm not avoiding answering your questions, but as you say that you are new to Revit, I think this is the easiest way to learn anyway.

Also, learning how to create and modify families is quite difficult and often not one of the first things to learn. There are tons of Revit families available online. You could visit any window manufacturer's website and probably find something close to what you are looking for.

Good luck!

ozren.stambuk679025
2014-09-15, 08:12 PM
Hey thanks a lot. I have been trying to find an archtop window with muntins have had no luck. Ill check out the tutorial.