PDA

View Full Version : New Office Building Lobby Panorama

SCShell
2005-03-07, 12:03 PM
Hey there,

Well, I seemed to have been motivated to try one of these after seeing a few examples, both here and from one of our local firms who hosts our Revit User's Group. (Thanks Rick and Jake)

I am pretty happy with it for a first attempt. (After a few adjusments)
You do need to download a free view to see properly however. Try http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1651
from the recent thread "looking for panorama viewers".

Steve

Max Lloyd
2005-03-07, 12:39 PM
Following on from an earlier thread, to view these jpg's, simply change the file extension in explorer to .pan, then use the free software (smoothmove) to open them.

Not bad at all. Plenty of glass and shiny surfaces. Must take a while to render. It rather looks like your rpc guys are levitating though? What dpi is that set at?

I love pan files and am actually waiting for one to finish rendering right now. They look so good and really give an excellent feeling of the space, openness. And because they are interactive, they are more 'fun' for the client.

After having recently shown a series of external pan files to our client (which I did just to show revit's capability and were not specifically charged for), it now appears they are commissioning us to produce internals as well, a nice bonus source of revenue. Much more fun than just doing floor plans the whole time!

Looking forward to seeing more.

Max.

SCShell
2005-03-08, 01:06 AM
Hey there,
Thanks. The render was set at 300 dpi. As far as opening these, you can also just open a JPG from the pan viewer "open" and brouse for the JPG.

I like these too. Very usefull in explaining things sometimes. Bye the way, Max, I liked your exterior pan.
Steve