PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Turn off new subcategory in all excisting viewtemplates

Anke
2014-09-26, 09:42 AM
Hi,
Is there a way to turn off a new created subcategory in alle excisting viewtemplates, or have it turned of by default when newly loaded in the project?

When I make a new family, sometimes I create a new subcategory to turn off the element easily in different views. Most of the views in our template are controlled by viewtemplates. Every time a new subcategory comes into the project, in every view and viewtemplate this new subcategory is always turned on. And I have to go to every viewtemplate in the project to turn the new category off, except for the few views I want the new category visible.

Has anyone found a way to make this process easier and less time consuming?

damo3
2014-09-29, 10:18 PM
At first not that i know of. Less of a problem these days as we have a library that covers most of what we need.
I have added subcategories to our template and adjusted all the view templates accordingly.
Just need to make sure the correct subcategories are used when building new families. We use our own family templates with all the settings already in them. Helps with QA.

My suggestion would be to perhaps come up with a standard and create them in the template.

aaronrumple
2014-10-04, 01:08 AM
This could be done programmatically with the API. However, it is best to have an extensive office standard covering your "Object Model" and make it as complete and yet as succinct as possible. Mine lists built in categories, categories in Factory provided families and custom categories. They the matrix shows settings or Not Used for those that we can't get rid of but don't want to use.