PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Modelling railing junctions at landings

madcad
2014-09-30, 03:55 PM
Hi - can anyone advise what is best method for creating continuous railings at landings - where you need to connect the top of one stair railing to the bottom of the next - as per the attached sketch. Thank you.

taylor.odell676489
2014-10-01, 07:22 PM
Madcad,

I would modify the upper part of the railing from the bottom stair to wrap to a point somewhere on the landing (halfway between the two stairs for example) and then modify the lower part of the railing from the upper stair to wrap to the same point. To finish it off join them together.

There might be a better way to do this but that's what I would do for now.

T

damon.sidel
2014-10-03, 02:03 PM
Is this a multi-story stair? If so, taylor's suggestion may not work, since you'd end up with a line in the railing sketch that connected back to itself.

Rather, draw a new railing on the second floor that connects it the way you want. While still in sketch mode, choose "Pick New Host" from the option bar and choose the stair. Then that railing will also repeat on each floor.

taylor.odell676489
2014-10-07, 11:24 PM
True, didn't think about that. Thanks for adding on. My solution would work to put a railing where the red line is, not anything else.

T