PDA

View Full Version : Any Info on the next version?

Mike.68517
2005-03-07, 06:58 PM
I hear the next version is coming out in April.

Who's got the inside scoop on the new features/fixes?

My subscription is up in April... need to know whether or not to renew now or later... 8^)

Scott D Davis
2005-03-07, 07:45 PM
always renew your subscription, its cheaper in the long run, and every release is worth upgrading to.

dg
2005-03-07, 09:29 PM
Hmmm, yes every release is worth upgrading to - but is it worth the cost of the subscription fee?

UK fees have had a massive hike recently, which questions their value. Thats why its worth knowing in advance what we will be getting

christopher.zoog51272
2005-03-08, 02:33 AM
correct me if I'm wrong, but if you stop subscribing.... that's it, game over, your software is frozen at the current release forever and you can't upgrade, or at least not without paying a very hefty upgrade fee, right. Also consider that Revit is not downward compatible, at all. You will not be able to work with anyone else using a higher release, nor will you be able to use any families produced in a higher version. The current 2 per year release cycle makes older versions obsolete very quickly.

It would probably be worth your while to continue subscribing, it a bargain compared to upgrading, plus you always have the latest version.

PS, those who know what is in 8.0 can't discuss it, it's up to the factory if they want to post teasers like last time ;)

-Z