PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Wall Type Tags on single story mixed walls

arcitek
2014-10-26, 03:03 PM
When I created our model, I was under the impression the best way to create walls with mixed construction (or wall) types was to actually create separate stacked walls for scheduling purposes. Now that I am starting to actually tag walls, I see this as possibly a problem. On a single story building, if one of the walls is stone veneer on wood stud going up 5 feet and then clapboard siding on wood stud going the remainder of the way, how would you tag this? In cad, our wall type legend would read in plan but you would assign this entire wall one type and clarify in the description what the wall consisted of. So your plan view of the wall in the schedule would show the stone veneer on wood stud but the description would say (abbreviated) "2" stone veneer on wood stud 5'-0" A.F.F. w/ 6" cement board siding ........"

I am open to some suggestions on the best way to deal with this and if the stacked wall approach we took was actually not the best practice, so be it. I would actually rather treat the two walls as separate types but how do you tag a wall that is above the view plane cut? I can only think of regioned areas for custom view height parameters but that does not seem right.

patricks
2014-10-30, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't use stacked walls, I would just use a sweep in the wall type for the stone, and let the siding be the outer finish layer of the wall.