PDA

View Full Version : standalone leader arrows

patricks
2005-03-09, 05:24 PM
Is there any way to create a standalone leader arrow w/o any text attached, other than manually drawing a line and arrowhead? I need to show some arrows coming out of HVAC supply grills to indicate air supply.

aaronrumple
2005-03-09, 05:29 PM
I'd personally add that into the design of the family. You could have options to turn on/off different arrows. You also wouldn't then have to worry about moving the leaders when the grill moved.

sbrown
2005-03-09, 06:17 PM
Here ya go, place it with the symbols tool and add as many as you want. You can add any type of leader arrowhead to it.

tonyisenhoff
2006-01-18, 07:26 PM
When I go to edit the family, it appears empty... I guess since it's a generic annotation family.

How can I control the width of the arrowheads/tick like I can in a dimension family? Is that possible?

sbrown
2006-01-18, 07:32 PM
When you place it within your project, you can select properties and add whatever arrowheads you want. There is a button at the top when placing it that you enter how many leaders you want.

tonyisenhoff
2006-01-18, 07:36 PM
The only properties you have for this family is the arrowhead/tick.

You don't control the "lineweight" of the arrowhead/tick within the arrowhead's properties. That is typically controlled within a dimension family.

Obviously I'm not using a dimension family...

tonyisenhoff
2006-01-18, 07:37 PM
To clarify - I can place the family, no problems there... I just want the arrowhead to be bolder.

rdaniel
2007-07-13, 01:54 PM
You just need to click the Edit / New button in the element propertied dialogue box.

Hopefully you got help before this post.

kingjosiah
2008-11-04, 08:39 PM
Digging up an old thread......

Randall, how does the "edit/new" of the properties dialog give control of the width, or as Tony described, the "boldness" of the arrowhead? As far as i can tell, Revit only allows control over size or splay angle of an arrowhead....the "heavy end pen weight" option is greyed out.

Seems like this is a request many years old that still is not possible? The intent would be to make an arrowhead that looks like the one shown by Kwong in this post: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=26514&highlight=leader+arrowhead

Hope this is possible and i've simply overlooked something.

- Jon

rdaniel
2008-11-04, 09:32 PM
Digging up an old thread......

Randall, how does the "edit/new" of the properties dialog give control of the width, or as Tony described, the "boldness" of the arrowhead? As far as i can tell, Revit only allows control over size or splay angle of an arrowhead....the "heavy end pen weight" option is greyed out.

Looks like you are correct, Jon and I didn't read the thread thoroughly (looks like that has happened multiple times on this topic). The only way I can think of achieving this is to create a stretchable annotation symbol.

d11sunshine
2008-11-20, 06:36 PM
I am SOOOO looking forward to being able to use a leader without placing a " ." for text when I don't even want text!
I downloaded "blank leader", but since I'm just learning I can't seem to figure out how to use it. :S Can't find it in text options ... probably because there's no text to it :P, but then where would I find it to use it once it's loaded into the project?
Thanks!

sfaust
2008-11-20, 06:57 PM
create a generic annotation with nothing in it. then place it as a symbol, just make sure you change "number of leaders" in the options bar to at least 1 before you place it or you will lose the object as there is nothing to select.

mob
2008-11-20, 07:55 PM
Is there any way to create a standalone leader arrow w/o any text attached, other than manually drawing a line and arrowhead? I need to show some arrows coming out of HVAC supply grills to indicate air supply.

I created a new text type called "no text" and made the size of the text 1/256". when you pull a leader, you type in an * in your text box and you will never see it when printed out

sfaust
2008-11-20, 09:14 PM
you guys are making way too much work out of this. It took me less than a minute to create a blank family and test it in a project...

sissela
2011-06-24, 03:43 PM
I have researched this issue before and down loaded Steves null leader family.

The only problem is that it has an "X" next to it. I would like to have a blank leader and arrow and then add text above it to show the occupants. I have not quite gotten that to work yet.

Is there a different family I could use or any way to get rid of the "X".

Sissela

patricks
2011-06-24, 04:58 PM
I have researched this issue before and down loaded Steves null leader family.

The only problem is that it has an "X" next to it. I would like to have a blank leader and arrow and then add text above it to show the occupants. I have not quite gotten that to work yet.

Is there a different family I could use or any way to get rid of the "X".

Sissela

I'm not sure which family you're referring to, but the one Scott Brown posted above is the one we have always used since he posted it 6 years ago. When I load the family into a project, I place it using Annotate > Symbol, I edit its properties to assign an arrowhead type to it, I change the number of leaders to 1 before I place it, then I click on a drawing to place it. There is no "x" anywhere, only the leader line and the arrowhead.