PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall question

wfdesigns
2003-11-19, 06:00 PM
How do I change the properties of a curtain wall. Right now I have one shown as a solid panel, I need a glazed panel instead. The curtain wall properties box will not allow me to change the wall type. I have even tried to transfer from another file that the panel worked fine in, it still changed it to a 4" solid panel. Any ideas? :?:

Scott D Davis
2003-11-19, 06:20 PM
Hover over a panel, and hit the TAB key, unitl the panel highlights, then click to select. Then change the panel type in the drop down list in the Options Bar.

wfdesigns
2003-11-19, 07:32 PM
That worked! Thanks for your help.

Scott D Davis
2003-11-19, 07:37 PM
Another method for multiple panels:

Select the entire curtain wall with a crossing window, and then use the Filters in the option bar to reduce your selection to only the panels. Then use the pull-down to change panel type.

artitech
2016-05-02, 12:19 PM
This is an old thread, but hopefully I can still ask this question.
I have made a curtain wall with multiple horizontal and vertical mullion / grids. I want to change certain panels to a "spandrel Panel" that I have made but I am only able to select one panel at a time to change it, if I select multiple panels I don't get the option to change the panel type... any way to select multiple panels, but not all of them, and change their panel type?

Duncan Lithgow
2016-05-02, 01:00 PM
Work fine for me (Revit 2016 R2). TAB, TAB, CTRL + click, TAB, TAB, CTRL + click.

artitech
2016-05-02, 01:13 PM
Ok - thank you... tried a few variations of that without success, what you stated works.

"TAK"

Appreciated

Duncan Lithgow
2016-05-05, 08:21 PM
Velbekomme (you're welcome). Curtain walls suffer from being so flexible that they're tricky to use...

Steve_Stafford
2016-05-05, 10:02 PM
Use the TAB key repeatedly until you can select a panel (or mullion) specifically. Then use the Right-Click context menu. It will offer Select Panels (or Select Mullions). Then there are choices for grid orientation will allow you select all the panels in one direction or another, or on the entire wall.

patricks
2016-05-10, 03:45 PM
Use the TAB key repeated until you can select a panel (or mullion) specifically. Then use the Right-Click context menu. It will offer Select Panels (or Select Mullions). Then there are choices for grid orientation will allow you select all the panel in one direction or another.

Whoa! :shock: I've been using Revit since almost as long as this thread is old, and I never have seen that context menu before. That is HANDY!