PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Section Head - Stagger Offsset Callout like Grid Head

Limbatus
2014-11-26, 07:37 PM
Hello,
Is there any way to Offset a Section Head in elevation like you can with a grid head? It appears that you can split the segment in plan so that the tags don't overlap, can this / or something similar be done in elevation / section? thanks.

tedg
2014-11-26, 09:05 PM
Hello,
Is there any way to Offset a Section Head in elevation like you can with a grid head? It appears that you can split the segment in plan so that the tags don't overlap, can this / or something similar be done in elevation / section? thanks.

Yes there is, not sure if I can explain it well because I don't have revit in front of me but..
If you select the section marker and look at your options under modify, select split section tool and it gives you the tool to split the line, while in that same command, you can drag the portions away from each other and they stay connected with a perpendicular line. Once you've done that you can adjust all the lines in any direction you want.

HTH

Limbatus
2014-11-27, 01:08 AM
Thanks. for some reason, the section I was highlighting had SPLIT SECTION grayed out. I duplicated it copied over my 2D anos and was able to split the section. I appreciate your help - Limbatus