PDA

View Full Version : Item tag visibility problem

wingman
2005-03-10, 02:23 AM
OK, It's getting late, I have a deadline in the morning and I am stinking frustrated!! now that I have vented...

When I insert a tag for anything the number/text shows up, the leaders shows up but the graphic lines around the text do not show up. I have checked everything I can think of. I am stumped. Any ideas????

beegee
2005-03-10, 02:27 AM
Open your tag family and check what the linework ( tag box ) is set to.

If it seems OK. post the tag here and we'll have a look.

wingman
2005-03-10, 02:40 AM
It all seems to look OK to me, but I certainly have not mastered any of this by any means. Attached are the tag and an image of what the tag looks like when I load into my project. You will see that there is a leader and text but no box (diamond) around the text.

beegee
2005-03-10, 02:47 AM
The question mark means that the tag is looking for you to define it. In this case define a type so that you can schedule your plumbing fittings ie - V01 etc

Tags for these items do not automatically "fill out" the way that window and door tags do. This is primarily because of the many different ways that users may need them to be scheduled.

The tag family in this case will be that OOTB " Type " tag. This is used to define a fixture type ie Vanity semi recessed might be V01, whereas Vanity fully recessed might be V02.
You can set up to tags to show instances instead of types. Post back if you want to know about that.

wingman
2005-03-10, 02:53 AM
I understand that I need to define the text that goes in the tag for each item that I tag. I just want the lines that should be around the text to show up. I modified the default tag that came with revit because our office graphic standard for keynotes, or tags is different from the rectangle that revit comes with. Now the lines that I rotated and shifted are not there.

Tom Dorner
2005-03-10, 04:08 AM
Open up your tag family. Select all the line forming the square and click on properties. Make sure that you have a check mark in the "visible" box. Save the family and re-load into your project.

Tom

beegee
2005-03-10, 05:28 AM
As Tom said - here you go.

wingman
2005-03-10, 06:10 AM
Thanks Guys, that was what I needed.

Tom Dorner
2005-03-10, 01:32 PM
Thanks beegee, I would have posted the fix but I was at home without a Revit license.

Tom