PDA

View Full Version : Plinth return issue

PeterJ
2003-11-20, 02:25 PM
I don't think I have seen anyone comment on this scenario before.

I have a plnth running around a masonry structure and I that structure has a cant brick capping. I stop the plinth just short of the door openings and I want the cant brick to return with a squint brick into the main plane of the masonry.

http://www.ja-s.co.uk/Trial_new/plinth_query.jpg

I have made a wall hosted void to cut away the plinth in the appropriate fashion, making the void inside a generic family but it won't cut the geometry of the plinth. For the moment I am going to use an in-place family but is there a more correct way of achieving this?

Thanks in advance for the flood of responses!

sbrown
2003-11-20, 03:06 PM
pick the sweep and click change sweep return then select angle 90 and pick the edge of your sweep. I'm not sure if this works on an integral sweep but I know it works on a hosted sweep, so you may need to create a wall type without the sweep in it and add it with the host sweep.

I just tried it and it worked with the integral sweep.

PeterJ
2003-11-20, 04:52 PM
Scott

Thanks. I have tried what you said and seemto have wasted your time....I forgot to mention that the sweep is a part of vertical compound wall and I don't seem to be able to select the sweep.

Allen Lacy
2003-11-20, 05:08 PM
Is the lower portion of the wall the vertically compound wall or the entire wall? If just the lower, could you turn a short length of the compound wall into the upper and miter the corner wall join?

PeterJ
2003-11-20, 06:53 PM
Its the whole thing from above the foundation line, i.e. all the masonry.

tamas
2003-11-20, 09:16 PM
Just select the wall that has sweeps and you should see the "Change Sweep Returns" button in the options bar. Click it, set the angle and select the highlighted end you want to return.

In general, integral sweeps of vertical compound walls are selected together with their wall. You can also pull their ends just like regular hosted sweeps.
You can not change their vertical position and offset individually, since they are part of the wall's type. To do that, you need to edit the wall type.

If this does not work, it is a bug and should be reported. (I wrote the sweep code :? )

PeterJ
2003-11-21, 09:47 AM
I'll take a closer look for that option then, thanks Tamas