PDA

View Full Version : Revit 5.1L w/ AutoCAD 2004

tmullins68225
2003-11-20, 03:18 PM
As it was explained to me, AutoDesk will soon be providing Revit and AutoCAD bundled together as a special offer. (They will still be sold individually, too) You will be given one license though. Thatway you can have both on your computer, but only one can run at a time. Or an office can have 6 licenses, but only 6 applications can run at a time (3 revit and 3 autocad, 5 revit and 1 autocad, etc...). This is why they had to change the license manager.

It is hoped that this will make offices more comfortable about a transition to revit, rather than jumping in all at once.

Wes Macaulay
2003-11-20, 06:24 PM
Actually I think that the two programs are locked to one computer - they will share one auth code. So you wouldn't (from what I understand) be able to run AutoCAD on one computer and Revit on the other. We haven't got the software yet, so I don't know what the real deal is.

Revit will be software locked to a particular machine. You can move the license at any time to another computer, and then Revit runs in demo mode on the first machine. You can then transfer the license back to reactivate Revit on the first machine, and the second machine will be in demo mode.

Network licensing will be like AutoCAD's - you can check out a license for a period of time on your laptop, go home and work, and then check it back in. Very handy.