PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Structural slanted wall Revit 2015

theotses684377
2014-12-02, 08:22 PM
Hello!

I have made a wall from a mass that is angled by 6° and I don't have the option to make it a structural wall!

Is there any way to have a slanted and structural wall in Revit?

Thank you in advance.

Steve_Stafford
2014-12-02, 09:30 PM
You should be able to apply a wall type that is structural by using Wall by Face, applied to the sloping face of your mass.

dhurtubise
2014-12-04, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately not. If you use the Wall by Face tool the ability to make a wall structural(check the structural property) is gone. Same as you built an inplace.

theotses684377
2014-12-04, 09:10 AM
Could you please explain how? :?

theotses684377
2014-12-04, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately not. If you use the Wall by Face tool the ability to make a wall structural(check the structural property) is gone. Same as you built an inplace.

Is there any solution to that? I want to make a 3D detail of join between the wall and the floor. Is there any way to have rebars in a wall that is not structural?

Steve_Stafford
2014-12-04, 06:42 PM
If you create the wall type first and check the structural parameter you can apply it to the face of the mass still. It will still be regarded as structural, at least as far as the Structural view discipline is concerned. The default template (Imperial) has a foundation wall type that works but it doesn't have the structural parameter checked. If you create your own wall type and check it you should find it is also available to Wall by Face and can be applied to a mass face.

cliff collins
2014-12-10, 07:11 PM
How many more releases until we finally get the TILT WALL TOOL???? It's been about 15 years now and counting..............LOL

fifthharmonylyrics1702342
2015-06-07, 01:09 AM
If you create the wall type first and check the structural parameter you can apply it to the face of the mass still. It will still be regarded as structural, at least as far as the Structural view discipline is concerned. The default template (Imperial) has a foundation wall type that works but it doesn't have the structural parameter checked. If you create your own wall type and check it you should find it is also available to Wall by Face and can be applied to a mass face.

Still doesnt work on me..

Can u reupload that image.. i cant see it

Craig_L
2015-06-10, 07:23 AM
I might just add, making the wall belong to the structural discipline does NOT make it a structural element.

If it does not have these properties available, it is not a "structural" wall.
Being "structural" means it can be set as load bearing, sheer wall etc...

Filtering it to the structural discipline will only affect your visibility graphics settings.

Try this app out - http://apps.case-inc.com/content/free-parallize-wall

Steve_Stafford
2015-06-10, 07:51 AM
You have to join AUGI (have an account) and log in to see images. The image I attached highlights the view's discipline. I did that to emphasize that all the walls I modeled are hosted by the face while the view is assigned to the structural discipline. That's only going to show walls that ARE structural as far as Revit is concerned, the structural parameter in CraigL's image is checked for them.

Craig_L
2015-06-10, 08:01 AM
The app that I linked will align your wall (on centreline) to another element or model line etc. Try it out, I believe it will achieve what you are trying to do, very easily.